This Blog

This blog is dedicated to explorations of spirit, life, adventure, and people. I hope that it encompasses much more than the actions of people, but rather creates a more complete picture of what it means to be an athlete and a person in the outdoor community.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Middle Palguin


I am sorry to say this but Middle Palguin felt more like an obligation than a joy. It felt like a play that had been rehearsed. For some reason it felt empty. 
Pressure exists in the kayaking community to run this one and somehow it sours it. I can't describe it exactly but it was like a chore.
I wish I didn't have to say that. Perhaps it was just the people that I was with. It was taken for granted. Jake was incredibly hung over, and the other boys seemed like they just wanted a notch in their belt. It was sickening. 

I wish my experience on this one was filled with more gratitude. I will go back and give it its proper thanks and appreciation in the future, perhaps just on my feet this time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment